This is a license agreement between you and Mocksy that explains how you can use stock photography and mockups that you license from Mocksy. By downloading content from Mocksy, you accept the terms of this agreement.
1. What types of licenses does Mocksy offer?
Mocksy currently only offers a Standard License for all purchase images and mockups. If your usage criteria is beyond what we offer with our Standard License, please contact us about purchasing an Enhanced license.
You are welcome to use watermarked content from the Mocksy site on a complimentary basis for test or sample (comp) use only. Watermarked content cannot be used in any final materials or any publicly available materials and may only be used for the 30 days after the download.
2. How can I use licensed content?
You may use content in any way that is not restricted (see Restricted Uses below). Subject to those restrictions and the rest of the terms of this agreement, the rights granted to you by Mocksy are:
- Perpetual, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the content.
- Non-exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. Mocksy can license the same content to other customers.
- Unlimited, meaning you can use the content in an unlimited number of projects and in any media.
For purposes of this agreement, “use” means to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, synchronize, perform, display, broadcast, publish or otherwise make use of.
Examples of how you can use licensed content include websites; blog posts; social media; advertisements; marketing campaigns; corporate presentations; newspapers; magazines; books; film and television productions; web and mobile applications; product packaging and other printing matters.
- You are not allowed to redistribute, sell or resell, lease, license, sub-license or offer our resources to any third party (even for free). This includes uploading our resources to another website, marketplace or media-sharing tool, and offering our resources as a separate attachment from any of your work. You can not use our mockups and other products as a product offered for sale, including website themes, templates, printed matters, and visual products.
- Allowing more than one person to use items downloaded from us to make projects for personal use is non-acceptable.
- If you wish to promote our resources on your site, you must link back to the resource page where users can find products. No hotlinking is allowed i.e. you can not make a direct link to the mockup hosted on our site and not directly to the download file. Your presentation image needs to include our main screen with white background, logo and website address which is available in each .psd file.
- It is not allowed to redistribute, sell or resell, lease, license, sub-license or offer our resources or product where the mockup contributes to the core value with the included source file, to any third party (even for free). This includes uploading our resources to another website, marketplace or media-sharing tool, and offering our resources as a separate attachment from any of your work. Including any mockup sources to create website themes or other templates to be sold is non-acceptable.
- Using our Standard licensed products within music videos, TV episodes, films or other broadcast productions is not allowed.
- It is non-acceptable for end users to customize and print on demand products using designs downloaded from us.
Specific Licensing Rights
|Regions of Use
|Digital Use (websites, mobile apps, software, ebooks, etc.)
|Up to 500,000
|Print Runs (books, magazines, posters, etc.)
|Up to $10,000 per image
|TV, Online Video, and Film
|Unlimited viewers (production budgets up to $10,000 USD)
|Web Templates or Print Templates
|Decoration in a Commercial Space
|Out-of-Home Advertising (trade show, conference, signage, billboards, subway ads, etc.)
|Up to 500,000 gross impressions (views, not viewers)
3. Restricted Uses
- No Unlawful Use. You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory or other unlawful manner.
- No Standalone File Use. You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, extract, or redistribute content as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use).
- No False Representation of Authorship. You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work (mockup, template, …) that is made up largely of licensed content.”Restricted Uses – unless premium or corporate license purchased.”
- No Products for Resale. Unless you purchase a premium or corporate license, you may not use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself including, without limitation, cards, stationery items, paper products, calendars, apparel items, posters (printed on paper, canvas, or any other media), DVDs, mobile applications, websites or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit. This includes “on demand” products (meaning products in which content is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters, and other items.
- No Electronic Templates. Unless you purchase a premium or corporate license, you may not use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, brochure design templates, social media templates).
- Are there any seat/user license restrictions?
Yes. Our Standard License is for a single user. The seat/user restrictions refer to the raw file of content, not the end project or use. If more than one person in your company or household will be using our products, each person must purchase a separate license.
If you licensed the content, this means that you may share content within your organization but the content may only be available to one person at any one time. You may not store the content on a server (giving more than one person simultaneous access to the content).
5. Who, besides me, can use the licensed content?
The rights granted to you are non-transferable and non-sublicensable, meaning that you cannot transfer or sublicense them to anyone else. There are two exceptions:
- Employer or client. If you are purchasing on behalf of your employer or client, then your employer or client can use the content. In that case, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your employer or client to the terms of this agreement. If you do not have that authority, then your employer or client may not use the content.
- Subcontractors. You may allow subcontractors (for example, your printer or mailing house) or distributors to use content in any production or distribution process related to your final project or end use. These subcontractors and distributors may not use the content for any other purpose.
6. Intellectual property rights
Who owns the content?
All of the licensed content is owned by Mocksy. All rights not expressly granted in this agreement are reserved by Mocksy.
Do I need to include a mockup credit?
For both, personal and commercial use, a mockup credit is desirable, but you do not need to include it.
Do I need to include a credit in the end products, like TV video?
Yes, if technically feasible, you must include the following credit in visual productions: “gotmocksy.co”
File Download Refunds – Mocksy does not offer refunds or re-credits for downloaded files. File returns will only be considered based on technical issues with the file at the sole discretion of Mocksy.
All requests for refunds must be made in writing. If the request is approved, Mocksy will issue a credit to your credit card. In the event of cancellation, your rights to use the content terminate, and you must delete or destroy any copies of the content.
8. Representations and Warranties.
Mocksy makes the following representations and warranties:
- Caption/Metadata Disclaimer. While we have made reasonable efforts to correctly categorize, keyword, caption and title the content, Mocksy does not warrant the accuracy of such information, or of any metadata provided with the content.
- No Other Warranties. Except as provided in the “warranty of non-infringement” section above, the content is provided “as is” without representation, warranty or condition of any kind. Mocksy does not represent or warrant that the content will meet your requirements or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free.
9. General Provisions
- Assignment. This agreement is personal to you and is not assignable by you without Mocksy prior written consent. Mocksy may assign this agreement, without notice or consent, to any corporate affiliate or to any successor in interest, provided that such entity agrees to be bound by these terms.
- Audit/Certificate of Compliance. Upon reasonable notice, you agree to provide to Mocksy sample copies of projects or end uses that contain licensed content, including by providing Mocksy with free of charge access to any pay-walled or otherwise restricted access website or platform where content is reproduced. In addition, upon reasonable notice, Mocksy may, at its discretion, either through its own employees or through a third party, audit your records directly related to this agreement and your use of licensed content in order to verify compliance with the terms of this agreement. If any audit reveals an underpayment by you to Mocksy of five percent (5%) or more of the amount you should have paid, then in addition to paying Mocksy the amount of the underpayment, you also agree to reimburse Mocksy for the costs of conducting the audit. Where Mocksy reasonably believes that content is being used outside of the scope of the license granted under this agreement, you agree, at Mocksy request, to provide a certificate of compliance signed by an officer of your company, in a form to be approved by Mocksy.
- Electronic storage. You agree to retain the copyright symbol, the name of Mocksy, the content’s identification number and any other information that may be embedded in the electronic file containing the original content, and to maintain appropriate security to protect the content from unauthorized use by third parties. You may make one (1) copy of the content for backup purposes
- Severability. If one or more of the provisions in this agreement is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions should not be affected. Such provisions should be revised only to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
- Entire Agreement. No terms of conditions of this agreement may be added or deleted unless made in writing and accepted in writing by both parties, or issued electronically by Mocksy and accepted in writing by you. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of this agreement and the terms contained on any purchase order sent by you, the terms of this agreement will apply
- Notice. All notices required to be sent to Mocksy under this agreement should be sent via email to email@example.com. All notices to you will be sent via email to the email set out in your account
- Taxes. You agree to pay and be responsible for any and all sales taxes, use taxes, value added taxes and duties imposed by any jurisdiction as a result of the license granted to you, or of your use of the licensed content.
Licensing Entity. The licensing entity under this agreement is determined based on your billing address in accordance with the chart found here. If you’re still unclear about what is or isn’t allowed under this site License or need a custom license options, please respect the creator and contact the Mocksy team at firstname.lastname@example.org